Mon, 31 Jul|
Lido Swim Session
Lido Swim 7–8pm £4 members only WARM UP (10 min) DRILLS (15 min) MAIN SET (30 min) COOL DOWN (5 min)
Time & Location
31 Jul 2023, 19:00 – 20:00
Beccles Lido, Puddingmoor, Beccles NR34 9PL, UK
About The Event
Swim session at Beccles Lido - 7pm until 8pm.
This week the coaches are Nicola Edwards and Karen Rix or Roly Shaw. We have capacity for 30 athletes - seeded into slow, medium, fast and elite groups on the night by activator Zoe Nichols.
Designed to identify your critical swim speed - the pace you should train at to enable you to go faster for longer. Namely, to develop aerobic endurance - an essential requirement for any triathlete! It approximates to the pace at which you should be able to swim a 1500 metre / yard event. The CSS Test is a good yardstick for endurance swimming performance. It will also give your target paces for the full range of swim training sessions.
Hopefully, with all the training you have been doing, your “numbers” will be better than last time! Sign up now before it fills!
WARM UP (15 min)
Easy 20 - 30 lengths, gradually building pace, with 2 - 4 lengths of “effort” to raise heart rate towards the end. Focus on technique from previous weeks drills.
CSS TEST PART 1 (10 min)
390 metre (13 lengths) time trial at your optimal pace. Avoid drafting. Overtake with care. Quickest sets off first. Details explained on the night. Bring your watch. Time yourself. Give time to coach.
ACTIVE RECOVERY (10 min)
As warm up.
CSS TEST PART 2 (10 min)
210 metre (7 lengths) as above.
DRILLS (10 min)
If there is time, practice drills from previous weeks.
COOL DOWN (5 min)
Easy 4 - 8 lengths.
Members only, cost £4.
Please go on the waiting list if the session is full.
- Turn up if you have a slot booked - otherwise someone else could have swum.
- Don't turn up if you haven't - you may have a wasted journey.
- Athletes are generally encouraged to maintain the good protocols and practices that we have become accustomed to during the pandemic.
- These include, for example, personal hygiene and sanitation practices, self health checks and respect for others who may not be as comfortable with the relaxation of national guidance.
- Please continue to observe current government advice and adhere to any requests from any party whose facilities we make use of.
- Please continue to book onto club training sessions in advance of attending.
On arrival to the session please use the usual turnstile entrance – we can arrive from 18:50 to check in at reception. Coaches and Activators can arrive earlier.
Once we are allowed “on site” by the Lido team, we have full use of the cubicles, lockers and chairs / tables.
Lane order from cubicle side facing the pool will be: Elite, Fast, Medium, Slow.
If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to a member of the swim coach team.
Select this only if Lido Swim ticket is sold out. Waiting List Only, please do not turn up to Lido unless you've received separate confirmation that you have a space.£0.00