Thu, 22 Aug|
The Beccles Triathlon Club Beer Mile
4x beer effort, 4x 400m recovery Location: The Avenue, between Beccles Station and the Common
Time & Location
22 Aug 2024, 19:00 – 20:00
The Avenue, Beccles NR34 9QW, UK
About The Event
Lead Coach - Abi The Beccles Triathlon Club Beer Mile | 4x beer effort, 4x 400m recovery.
Location, along the Avenue between Beccles Station and the Common.
Get ready to mark your calendars because the beer is chilling, and winter training is in session!
Announcing the triumphant return of the BTC Beer Mile!
If you haven't experienced a beer mile before, the rules are as straightforward as they are exhilarating: Bring a 4-pack of 440ml beer cans, chug a can, sprint 400m, repeat until you've conquered all four cans and four laps!
It's a race against time and your taste buds—may the fastest beer champion emerge victorious! Save the date for a frothy, fun-filled adventure!
The beer mile is pretty simple. Drink 4 beers and run 4 laps of 400m's as quickly as you can. But just to be sure everyone is on the same playing field, here is the standard set of beer mile rules to follow.
- DO NOT WEAR CLUB KIT or OPPOSITION CLUB KIT
- Each competitor drinks four cans or bottles of beer and runs four laps of 400m (start with chugging a beer, then run a lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap - finish).
- Beer must be consumed before the lap begins within the drinking area(transition).
- The race begins with competitors lined up on the mile starting line, drinking the first beer in transition. This ensures competitors cover a complete mile. Competitors can walk/move in the transition area while drinking, but all beer must be consumed in the transition area before setting off to run a lap.
- Women also drink four beers and run four laps (some past rule lists only required ladies to drink three beers).
- Competitors must drink canned or bottled beer that is no less than 330ml in volume, which is the standard can/bottle size.
- Competitors must bring their own beer.
Location: The Avenue, between Beccles Station and the Common